Jul 17, 2006

A Livelier Version!

I don't know how I have been ignorant of this format of the game for such a long time, probably because I have not been following too much of international cricket except for that of India:) Well, once in a while, I do have seen the newer version of the game mentioned in different places but haven't took time to know what they are talking about. Like recently I wrote about the charity game between Pakistan & International team which was played as Ten10!

Well, today once again I ran into it because it seems BCCI approved this form of cricket. And is called Twenty20!Ahh... Wiki, you got something to help? Well, ofcourse!

I always used to wonder why the ODI game of cricket alone has been defined to be played for the whole day? I mean, when I enter a stadium for say a Football (American) game (or may be NBA), it becomes so lively for three & a half hours and then, we walk out with a complete satisfaction! But in cricket, I guess we walk out with more of tiredness rather than satisfaction...

Anyways, I think 'Livelier' is sure a better way to define this new form of cricket & I hope, it'll sure live upto my expectations. With fouls defined with additional runs, penalty 'stumps knock out' procedure for a tie & sudden death too, this is a whole new game!

No comments: