Nov 13, 2007

Tax Returns

After quite some years I filed my tax returns at India. I was quite positive because the returns are getting filed online and you also have the option to auto-credit the balance amount from the federals to your bank directly.

Being in US for few years, I was really expecting the returns to come back to me like in may be a week. I know, it is ofcourse too much to ask and that too in India - So, I extended my expectation to say 2 months. But Indian government officials and the organizations never plan to improve or increase their efficiency even after so much of computerization. From the start of April till now, there is no hint about my money coming back.

Looks like I can't keep waiting like this forever. May be I need to take actions to speed up the process of getting back my money. Any experiences? Will I be pulled in for corruption? Is this going to be a smooth process? Or can we reliably wait?

No comments: