Aug 27, 2006

It's Tough!

Am I having very less time to write in my blog? Well, actually not. I should accept I'm in India.So, where is the difficulty for me with my blog entries? Is?? They are all 'are's. Complaints from my frustrations:)

  • Slow... internet. Parallel telephone lines at house. So, can spare very less time early morning or late night. Otherwise, the phone line becomes dead. A download speed of 2Kbps:(
  • The other case is, the system is still Win 98!
  • Well, why not browsing centers? Speed is comparatively ok but still Win 98. Crashes badly. Not able to handle Yahoo Messenger & browser windows at the same time. Gmail doesn't work. Yahoo mail complaints. Is it just IE? No, latest Firefox is equally bad. Blue screen every 5 minutes
I just saw that the almost release Vista candidate is out. No way I can get a hold of it soon I guess. Hope, I come out of this transtition state soon...

7 comments:

Winter.sun said...

Hey, 3 months ago, even I had phone line connection Internet. Speed was around 2 kbps but wasn't as bad as u say. The phone is dead when we use net but its ok. I used to comment and mail by writing them on word, connected the net and copy-paste. It rewuires just a minute but your case seems worse. whats this blue screen? I've never seen such a problem anywhere. and why does the system crash?

Jagan M Narayanan said...

blue screen is a famous crash for windows in Win 98 versions. When the version was released by Gates, it crashed on stage:)
Anyways, I guess the system crash is something more to do with Win 98. some unreadable memory error...pointers & stuff...

Winter.sun said...

Which OS is there in cyber cafes of USA.

Anonymous said...

Win XP also has the blue screen problems, it doesn't happen as often as 98 but there are some situations that can take a toll on it. I guess DSL has come up a lot in India, try that. I thought you would have taken a laptop from US to India, didn't u ?

Jagan M Narayanan said...

Its hard to find cyber cafes in India...
Well well...Itold u abt the hassles of airport security, in which actually my notebook is lost:(

Anonymous said...

Hope you get your laptop back soon. Anyway did you try Sify iWay centers or Reliance WebWorld? They could be better.

Prashanth said...

speaking of internet...
broadband has become pretty cheap in india...
for starters.. just check the MTNL/BSNL plans....
just for 200, u would hav high speed 256kbps (32 kbps) net... with 400 Mb download..!!
and if u want a high end 512 (64 kbps) kbps net with unlimited access... pay just 999..!!
dial-up has become much more expensive than broadband..!!
and india has a pretty good network of cyber cafes... Reliance Webworld, Sify iWay (Gamedrome), etc..!!
so when did u come here... where r u staying.. and how long would u be here..??
Stay Connected.(i told u from where..!!)