Jul 11, 2006

Transitions & Frustrations...

It's always happening in the business world - The mergers, alliances and transitions. I used to think a lot about such kind of transitions, on what can go wrong just like a MBA case study - Like the big time mergers of Oracle & PeopleSoft.

Well, to the point - It's been a while since AT&T Wireless have merged into Cingular Wireless and lots of transitions should have gone and are still going around. I got a great deal when I signed up for AT&T and so, I just maintained the account when the switchover happened.

Last month, things started showing up in my account that the switch over is happening. Because, the monthly billing cycle didn't show up the amount I got to pay for the previous month. Even the customer service couldn't help me because they couldn't track my bill for the previous month. I was so glad that I saved some bucks even though I have already used the respective service:)

Last week, I happened to login into my account and what I ended up seeing isWith more than 900 'anytime' minutes available, there was an 'overage' of 21 minutes. Where can this happen? So, made a complaint for immediate rectification & even today the issue is not resolved - part of the transition glitch:(. And the worst part is, the customer service representative whom I talked to today couldn't even access the above details!? Poor service.... Atleast the above are somewhat acceptable.

Today, things turned up worse. I received a paper bill addressed to my old address from where I relocated more than 2 years back. What the heck??!! And when I tried to change the address details online, the UI was so irritating enough that I was compulsorily asked to change my password??!! How can they oversee such basic things on the transition - Mess up a customer's preference of paperless billing or for that matter, a customer's address which I had vacated like 2 years back? Have they completely misplaced a set of database recs?

Now, I'm waiting for such discrepancies to show up in my landline account because SBC is swallowed by AT&T:)...

No comments: