Jul 22, 2006

Atlast... A Way Out!

For internet browsing, pop-ups are frustrations and we have pop-up blockers. There are two, in fact three other places where we get unwanted rather unrequested irritations. One is TV - We have got used to it so much that we accept the TV ads as such (Well, there are ofcourse other ways out)...

The second is the unsolicited marketing phone calls in our landline - heights of frustration. The worst case scenario for me - From some phone card company who mis-informed my roommate that the sales rep (on the other end of the phone) is MY friend!!! Also, it had always been a pester from competitors - the phone companies (AT&T and SBC before), internet (DSL, Dialup, Cable) or TV (Cable, Dishnet etc). And thank God, we ended up in Do Not Call Registry!

But the third one has been the biggest problem for me & my friends. The junk letters that always fill up our mail boxes - Visa, Discover, Amex, MasterCard pre-approved credit cards from different banks & agencies... I guess Citibank & Chase stand first on my list followed by Amex & Chevron! My goodness, most of the days we can see atleast one junk letter for one of us and many days, almost all the mails go directly to trash!!??

Atlast, I found a solution for that too. Just wondering how I have been unaware of this! Its like the famous statement from the movie 'I, Robot' - "You have to ask the right question to get the answer". Probably, I didn't put the right search query:) Anyways, here is the solution provider! Not bad.

Actually, Rock sent me this video on what to do with your junk mails :) and that is when I started looking for the real answers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually if you read through those junk mail there will be this information somewhere in the corner. I got the 800 number for this opt-out thing and I freed myself from this. But I still get it once a while, which promptly goes to trash. But remember , before trashing destroy it completely, there are identity thieves everywhere. Just be sure.

Jagan M Narayanan said...

Hmm... I have never read those mails. OFcourse, have always destroyed them b4 trashing...