Aug 8, 2006

Bean Drink Race...

They still amaze me... Howard Schultz & his Star Bucks business! 3 to 5 bucks per coffee and people go behind them - That sure is a great business out of nothing:) It ain't that simple and obviously we just can't stand & watch these guys being the leader forever.

I have never been aware of illy - the coffee bean fella - I guess, because they are more Italian and they really are not at the front end... till now. Probably, I may have tasted the coffee made out of their beans because it seems one of the biggest coffee chains in India do sell their coffee made out of illy beans!

And, now they are crossing the barriers of grinding machines and entering the front end, serving the customers directly... Espressemente - That is the shop we are bound to see in our corners in the near future! May be they may take some time to establish in US, but sure the initiatives are on the go with illy Galleria!

So, wanna peak into one of Espressementes on how they may look? Businessweek shows off! Another Star Bucks on the making??!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man ! Starbucks coffee pricing is ridiculous when compared to what Coffee day prices for the same kind of coffee. I am surprised he is the only one who serves that kind of express coffee and glad someone else is coming. I don't drink coffee at all, so it doesn't matter to me anyways!

Jagan M Narayanan said...

Yep. Their pricing & business strategy always surprises me. I already pointed out - They are opening like a new store every 5 hours.