Jun 1, 2006

Some Digests!

When I heard Motorola Razor recall in like April 06, I somehow felt I shouldn't even go near it anytime. Should I get into that mode for Prius too? Not a good news from Toyota - A recall of 320,000 sedans!

Although motorists generally view recalls as a black eye for an auto company, ``when an extremely strong brand sees a problem and fesses up right away to the problem, it generally is a positive thing,'' said Dan Gorrell of San Diego-based market researcher Strategic Vision.
Google has been backing Firefox. Old News! My guess was, after they decided to give over their Pack to Dell, they should probably be soon coming out with a new browser! Because, we know they ain't happy with IE7 too! Looks like Eric Schmidt is not looking forward to! Is there a chance, Google grabs Firefox:)?!
"We would not build a browser for the fun of building a browser and creating another choice," Schmidt added, explaining that Google would make a browser only "if we thought there was a real end-user benefit."
I have always thought about sending some of the old PCs, to say GoodWill or some other charity. But, haven't decided yet if I got to send them to Apple:)! Not a bad program as such, but shouldn't the customers get some sort of discount for their new Mac buy:)?! So, is it better to recycle or to put an ad in eBay or Yahoo?
...allowing consumers to send back any make or model of PC, free of charge, provided that they purchase a new Macintosh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude ... People will probably recycle the computers that are really really old .. beyond the usable point. I guess, if a comp is usable I will still use it. I've got a 4 year old computer at my home in madurai and gave away a 3 year old comp to my in-laws. They are still being used.

Jagan M Narayanan said...

Hmm. Difference from INdia right! In US people don't try with the older ones. Tech geeks & as new as possible. The systems may get into garage sale or ebay bidding or worst case charity for tax benefits. even otherwise, if they got to give to Apple, they need an exchange offer kind of.
I'm not sure if people in India have tht privilege of sending their old PCs to some Apple office!?

Jagan M Narayanan said...

At the same time, you are luking @ tht very small market which feels GUILTY of trashing old systems. So, they take enuf pain to send details to Apple, get their details, pack & ship free of cost as stated and atlast, feel SATISFIED that they have achieved something good to this world with out any returns to ask for.
That is a very very small market!

Anonymous said...

I dont think people in India can do that. I dont even think there is much environmental awareness in India for PCs. I am not sure abt that. But yes , the market that will send old PCs back to Apple is very very small.