May 16, 2006

Lava Dance :)

"Oh Lord! Oh Soul of the Departed King! Please, be kind enough to save the life of Maridjan"

I have no idea how to put this in words! Should I call this craziness or Should I appreciate their commitments to their responsibilities? I would rather stick to the former, I guess!

Everyone knows Mount Merapi has been spitting smokes, dust, hot ash, debris falling far enough like four kilometers for past few weeks and everyone is awaiting its explosion. Everyone? I doubt! Except some of the villagers who stay around the mount I guess. These people have been making more news than the actual Mount & its awaiting volcano itself. I really was stopping myself from writing on this but for this news today.

People have been going back to their houses to take care of their work & their responsibilities around the Mount - By just risking their lives. Do these people know what they are upto? Without life, they got no responsibilities! Adding more to that

...locals are preparing food offerings and performing ceremonies...in a bid to appease the volcano's spirits.
-- NationalGeographic.com
They are performing Javanese dances??!!

Ok! If you are ready to accept these, then I guess you should pity the plight of Maridjan - Key Holder of Mount Merapi! It is understandable that at 80 years he is a diehard in his beliefs, but it has reached such heights that this person is waiting for the departed king's soul to give him some "sign"!

Knowlingly, should we allow these people to welcome their death? Its better if Indonesian government spring into action and immediately, help these people's evacuations.

No comments: