May 12, 2006

Hands & Hearts!

I guess, most people do have this habit of reading License Plates of near by vehicles when they drive around. Well, I'm no different and ofcourse, I also try to make different set of meanings with those numbers & letters. Like for instance, yesterday I saw this plate with all alphabets. If a plate has only alphabets, then for sure it has some backing. The text is 'KYKALOT'. So, any guess? The words are formed just like the chat slangs mostly avoiding the vowels. KYK has to be de-cripted - Kayak. Likewise, there are a lot like these and people come with creative words:
SOWHITE - Behind a Pure White Beemer
AIKEA06 - Represents IKEA (I Guess) because this vehicle was going near an IKEA store.

But there are also some license plates with symbols. The symbols are of {Heart}, {Hand}, {Star} etc. These are really cool. I mean, they really represent something and it's interesting to see people come up with words with them. Like
{Hand}SFULL
Trojan{Star} - Trojan is the FootBall team name from USC
{Heart}LY - Lovely
UR{Hand}SUM - You Are HandSome!

The campaign behind these personalized plates is Have A Heart, Be A Star, Help Our KIDS.

The fees collected from the Kids License Plates are deposited in the Child Health and Safety Fund and used for programs that will help keep California kids safe through injury prevention efforts.
- CA DMV. It sure has the backing of some good motive. You know what I always used to wonder about these plates - if at all a cop wants to write a ticket, how will (s)he represent these symbols in his(er) writings?!:)

Well, on a funny note, I have one of the weirdest numbers which comes up with different meanings when we think crooked! Here is the number 9E56X4B in a jumbled order:)! Give it a try & tell me what my license plate number is?

So, have you lately observed any such interesting plates? Well, pass it on then!

No comments: