May 19, 2006

G(ood)olden Days of India

I'm not sure how far these photos are true! Do they really represent the good old golden days of India? Or are they some photoshop work?

Well, Whatever it is! I ran into a set of photos termed as those representing India in Those Days like in 19th & 20th centuries. Here is a photo of Mumbai VT Station as it stood in 1894! Is it so? Check out more photos here!

Doesn't it look like the colored ones are done in some Studio with some wallpaper as the background!?:)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

India has always been golden. The culture, the familiarity, the friendliness can nowhere be seen but in India. Golden days of India had never gone. India will always be the best. have you seen delhi's latest pics? Thousands of flyovers have come up. Such awesome buildings and roads. The whole outlook of India has changed. People have predicted that India will become a super power(sperior than US) till 2010 and then people won't migrate from India to US(like you) but would come from US to India in search of jobs. Lets hope it happens. And now, just a personal question- won't you love to come back to your homeland rather than be in other country?

Jagan M Narayanan said...

I love to live in US & I would love to come back to India too! So, its a trade off & my temper says I'll soon be back in India!
BTW, I'm not sure about India becoming superpower than US by 2010. Whereever Delhi stands doesn't even come a bit closer to the roads, facilities, building & the infrastructure of US.

Anonymous said...

Check out these photos too.

Bangalore: http://www.vasanth.in/2006/01/30/OldPhotosOfBangalore.aspx
Chennai and Calcutta: http://www.vasanth.in/2004/01/11/PhotosOfIndiaDuringWWII.aspx

Jagan M Narayanan said...

Wow Vazz. That's a great set of photos. Need sometime off to take a look at those 600 odd photos I guess:)

Anonymous said...

Yes, some great photos. The best part is Glenn S. Hensley himself (I hope) commented on my blog. :-)