May 15, 2011

Suicide - Which I Saw...

It was my 1st year engineering hostel - 14 days after my college had started… When I came back to my room after my lunch, I could hear people shouting from the window-door of my next room trying to wake up one of my new college hostelite – the door obviously locked from inside & the guy sleeping on the cot. Well, people were shouting “kumbakarna…” etc… The hostel watchman came & after seeing from the netted grill above the door, took care of switching off the electric main, because he could see some wires around that guy. We somehow opened the door & I was the first to go inside. We could all smell the burnt odor. No idea what to do. I just went near the guy, tried to wake him up but realized that his face is almost sunk in the pillow he was sleeping which would not allow him to breathe enough.

What I saw is, this guy has put the power plug on his cot, plugged wires into the slots, took off all the insulation around the wires & wound the same enough around his body & switched on the power! Wherever his body is wound by wire, it had turned dark & brunt.

 

What a nasty way to go for it… Need definitely enough strength to go for such a daring act…

No comments: