Apr 23, 2010

For the family

Yet again, its Zig Ziggler who did advice to read some book for sometime everyday. So, I happened to get this book called 'For the Family' which has been endoresed by both Abdul Kalam & TN Governer. Its a good book on Indian traditions, culture & family values.
The first topic was about Relationships which is further analyzed on the following

  • Emotional Quotient - I know I have been losing this EQ lately. In recent times, for sure I'm unable to control my unwanted & stressful emotions. Its more like even sometimes some movie scenes make me move, unlike the older times...
  • Transactional Analysis - Every conversation between 2 persons has an agent & responder. The agent & responder should be in one of the states like Parent, Adult & Child. If both the persons know which state the other person is in & in sync, then things are really going to be complimenting each other.
  • Communication
  • Parenting - Can be democratic, authoritative or permissive.
  • What is marriage...

A short crisp read but we sure need to relate them to our lives... There are much more to read in this book. Hope I'll find time to scribe them too once I read.

No comments: