Dec 2, 2007

Emergency Numbers

I was reading in one of the dailies about creation of a medical emergency number like 108 in India. This is a surprise because I thought we at India should already be having such numbers or atleast in some cosmos. At the least I'm not comfortable at all calling different emergency numbers at different places inside India after living a "secure" life in USA - 911 the emergency number for universal help - Cops, Fire, Medicals...

Things are sure yet to improve a lot in India by providing one such number for all India, linking all medical facilities at any place etc. The exponential growth in mobile technology & usage should be put into proper use. I have already been a victim of not having such a facility - losing one of my closest ones with no doctors ready to attend at house, no ambulance available immediately etc...

No comments: