Nov 3, 2007

Trains' open toilets

I guess India is the only country which has trains with all those open toilets. Just imagine how many trains, how many couches, the number of bathrooms, the number of people traveling... And everyone is contributing to a public health disaster in all those tracks which are the basic infrastructures connecting the nook & corner of the country. I with my mom, have been traveling very often now a days in trains and whenever I use the toilets I feel for the country and all those rural people who stay near the railway tracks. I guess, everyone will have that feeling...

With World Toilet Summit 2007 happening in India now, I guess Lalu should get ideas from the same, put his surplus funds from the railway ministry into use and take an initiative to put an end to this health hazard (as noted in The Hindu daily)

No comments: