Nov 24, 2007

Google News - Biased

Google News has really grown up on me for its information, coverage, how we can personalize the page and some others. But...

The top stories in the first page are mostly say 90% about US. I mean, today's headlines should have been about the terror attack in UP, India but still that hasn't occupied the top. It is all about how Arab countries are handling US dollar fall, oil pricing, Iran etc. So, even when we see top stories in India, yes I can see the news about blasts but the headline is still from 'Voice of America'. So, you see what I mean by biased?

I think the links are listed based on their popularity and how many people read such news items. As a news site, they should change on how the links are being provided taking the actual news itself into consideration and how crucial it is. What say, G?

BTW, the site has too much of refresh issues recently and it has got nothing to do with Firefox 3.0 (Beta).

No comments: