Nov 11, 2007

Beggars

For quite sometime, I have been counting the number of beggars I'm bumping into (I'll explain the reason down). But from start of yesterday evening till today morning when I was traveling in a train I ended up counting 20.

For sure we won't be seeing so many beggars everyday but such a big number really makes me feel pity for the condition of India. It is ofcourse a very sad feeling but that is not something which makes me feel sympathetic towards those beggars. I'm someone who'll strongly discourage the act of begging.

At the same time, I would like to encourage the act of serving the society by all those charity based NPOs - They also depict the bad state of many individuals and in turn, our country. So, linking the above two - The number of beggars will be converted to a factorized currency amount for charity donation.

No comments: