Jul 29, 2006

Reliable Enough?

Hmm.. I have put a car sale ad in some of the sites which I heard from my friends are good enough to get some better impressions and hence, quicker responses! Well, yes there are responses, but just that the responses are not only from private parties but that from agencies also who work as middleman, I guess.

So, here is one such email!

Had any luck getting this sold? If not, call me. My name is ****. I work for Itmotors
And we sell cars just like yours all the time. We offer full-financing in addition to nationwide marketing. We charge no commissions and you receive a check for the full asking price. If you want to get this car sold fast, call me toll-free at **** Thanks!!!
Just wondering what their business model is? Why do they need to leech on websites for their customers? If we visit ITMotors, they do boast that their traffic is more than AutoTrader.com and Cars.com. If that is the case, then why do they need to get customers from other websites. Well, looks like they are building the traffic just by pinging all the customers of other websites:)!

Not A Service - Obviously, these people are not going to help their customer as if its a service they are doing. As the email reads, "no commissions" is a good sign but for sure, any customer will be ripped off for all the 'National Marketing' they are planning to do with the car. I'm sure, customers can look to an extent of $200 to $300 for "their service":)

Let's think in other terms. How far is their marketing going to be different than the online customers who are going to take a look into the online car ad or as a matter of fact, into the Auto Sales Magazines? Assuming its my car - does it really need a nation wide marketing when I guess, am in a place where the rich meet the poor and where the cars of low end to high end sell without much of differentiation?

Assuming, a customer crosses over all these worries and still makes a call to ITMotors. I think (s)he would end up in much deeper trouble with the continuous unwanted marketing phone calls from them - who knows even after (s)he may have sold the car.

Certain things just won’t change and I guess, its better to avoid some unwanted future tensions. What say?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, they try to make their commission off the financing. Just like mortgage brokers exept they actually help you sell the vehicle as well

Anonymous said...

These people are scum of the earth. They are illegally calling people in violation of the Do Not Call list.

ITMOTORS is a ripoff!!

Anonymous said...

If it was on the up and up and they were selling your car for so much more money they would not need 200 up front. Not to mention who would sell my car for me without even looking at it first.

Joe Somebody said...

I can confirm they are a ripoff. Not in so much as they could be prosecuted for what they do. Just that you give them $200 or whatever for a "service" that consists of an envelope in the mail and your car posted to a few websites. You could do all this yourself for about $1 worth of "for Sale" signs and free internet access at the local library. I was dumb enough to give them my money thinking they had something going there and it would save me time. All they did was bill my credit card and send me a blank for sale sign in the mail.