Jul 21, 2006

It's About Us!!!!

Ofcourse, there should be a lot of surveys on this new changing looks of internet - The blogs. And here is a survey findings from Pew Internet & American Life Project!

Well, in probability terms, the sample set the survey would have used should be very less comparative to the actual number of bloggers because for sure, the number should be in millions. I guess, most of the findings can be accepted as general facts about any blogger -

Like more than half of the bloggers are less than 30 years and ofcourse the next 40% should be from 30 to 40 years I guess.

But, if we see the distribution of bloggers based on time, its quite interesting. About 18% are blogging for less than 6 months and 33% is for around an year. Those sure represent the real hype in Web 2.0:)

And you can obviously expect the number of daily 'impressions' on the blog page to be less - The survey reports like around 22% of the blog sites have less than 10 hits a day. Well, I guess my blog has been consistently falling in the next 17% of 10 to 99 hits per day! Thanks to whoever is visiting my blog;)

Well, the fact for sure is mostly the blog visitors should be some friends, relatives & colleagues and looks like 50% accept the same. But there is always this unknown factor of "who knows who is visiting our page?"...

Whatever it is... This blog really helps me keep my mind busy in sharing somethings which I come to know from lots of Internet & news browsing. That's how I see it:)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes .. Blogging is fun and keeps us busy doing something. Probably, a Zero dollar Hobby !

Jagan M Narayanan said...

That is also something, everybody wonder why?
Why so many people are doing something (blog) for which they don't get any kind of payback??!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, your blog not only are a passtime for u but for me too. I comment on 4 blogs, urs being one of them. It is knowledgeful as well as interesting. Life is tough, I have to study so i dun get the time to start a blog and post something, hence commenting is a cool way.

Jagan M Narayanan said...

Hmmm... Delhi King had been absconding for sometime??!! Thx for coming back:)..
BTW, hoz ur studies & did Indian govt open the gateways??;)

Anonymous said...

I was just a bit busy with my 10th studies. Studies goin' on well, anyways now i'll be commenting frequently though. I didn't even know that blogs were viewable again until yesterday. As Vasanth says, it was a mistake of ISPs, Indian govt. asked them to block a few blogs, but they blocked the whole domain.