Jul 30, 2006

It Ain't Cool!

My Goodness. These days, the temperature in Southern California is just unbelievable. Almost crossing 110 degrees almost all days and the problem with this climate is, we don't sweat! So, ultimately we end up feeling the pain of the sun piercing our skin... and in the evenings, the whole air is burning around us, when actually the land surface is trying to cool itself! God!

Last week, I played almost the whole sunny afternoon and everyone whom I played with including me, got seriously sick:(. This year summer is especially so bad that atlast I saw the news that more than 100 people and around 16500 cows are dead because of the heat. And the concerns are still growing -

  • More & more use of AC & Plasma TVs & hence, energy crisis!
  • More blackouts.
  • Elders in house somehow are not able to withstand the pressure.
  • Health officials are worried about hospitals running out of power & evacuation plans...
Today I had been to one Hindu temple near by and the priest gave a 'cool touch' for the heat:)! Today's prasadas include 'ButterMilk' too - The representation of Goddess Lakshmi & the planet Venus who/which it seems, actually try to reduce the heat and make you feel cool:)! Hmmm... I don't want to cross check the genuinity of that statement;)

No comments: