Apr 21, 2006

Type Talk!!

The number of small icons in the desktop tray has always increased & I just added one more to the list today. Got any idea what i'm talking abt? Ofcourse, u shd know from the subject itself. All my topics won't have pure english words. They wud convey the meaning with their sounds (aka sounds like) but they always have the 'typos'. Its nothin but 'Chatting' and my 'Chat Slangs'.
So, what got added today to my list of Yahoo, Msn, Windows, Skype? The 'Talk' version - from the big 'G'. So, one of my friends from Delhi India is in Yahoo window and said he wud like to talk to me over 'Y-Call'. I was eager too as i have had gr8 voice chat sessions with Y-Dial/Call. But, today it was totally out of sync - No clarity & quality, too much of lag & hiccups in the voice. I know of a workaround though - Mute the mic when u hear & ask the other person to mute his/her mic when (s)he is hearning me. Tried that too and it was in vein.
Now, comes the time when my friend tells me abt Google Talk. Well, I know there is this chat session i can start from my gmail. So, i logged into my gmail, added my friend and started pinging him. It is cool too, with the pop up window standing above the system tray. Well, but still v haven't achieved the talk. So, I ended up installing the 'G Talk' & there ends the problem. I was able to talk to my friend without any issue at all. It was a gr8 talk session for sure - Clear, no hiccups, no lag.
So, Is Google Talk more user friendly than Yahoo Chat? I mean, any math guy can say that a single sample can't stand for the whole population. But for sure, G Talk has gained my interest and I won't forget to try it out, when other sessions fail to deliver. But, is GTalk gonna be my 1st preference for chatting? No, atleast for now, 'cos all my established friends are Yahoos & Hotmails.
I can't atleast move away from the gr8 smileys & emoctions from Y! Too good & lovely representations!!

No comments: